- Maintains GIS databases and designs schema; converts data from various sources for entry into databases.
- Creates complex maps to convey information to staff.
- Develops scripts and models to streamline routine GIS tasks.
- Geospatial analysis and geoprocessing.
- Oversee the expansion and use of GIS within EPC (e.g. conduct GIS user meetings, communicate new GIS functionality with users, prepare guidance documents, etc.)
- Serves as liaison with other county departments and outside agencies for effective use and expansion of GIS resources.
- Serve as a project manager on all GIS projects and assigned MIS projects.
- University degree in Geoinformation Software and Science
- Demonstrable experience with ESRI ArcGIS Server installation and configuration of Web Services
- Knowledge in User Interface Design as well as in database programming are an advantage
- Working knowledge in the area of technical product support for software products as well as quality assurance processes are an advantage
- Commitment, ability to work under pressure and persuasiveness
- Customer-oriented way of working
- Excellent English communications skills