The main objective of this training course is to provide theoretical and practical knowledge about the use of remote sensing for the analysis of Digital Images.
After course completion, one should able to:
- 1. to understand the fundamentals of remote sensing technologies
- 2. gain a knowledge to carry out sequential data processing
- 3. to understand Digital Image Processing
- 4. gain a knowledge about different Image Transformation process.
Areas of focus will be analysis of digital spatial data, preparation and presentation for numerical modelling, presentation of modelling results and support to the decision making process. Some of the highlights in the course are:
- 1. Introduction and Fundaments to remote sensing.
- 2. Types of remote sensing
- 3. Sensor Platform system,
- 4. Digital image processing
- 5. Digitisation,
- 6. Visualisation,
- 7. Soil and land use mapping,
- 8. Terrain analysis for hydrological and hydraulic modelling,
- 9. Presentation of modelling results,
The training course is designed for professionals (engineers and scientists) involving in the water, environmental and hydrogeology sector. Pre-requisites are a basic knowledge of computing and water related topics. Course delivery will be in English.