The main objective of this training course is to provide theoretical and practical knowledge about the use of geographical information system (GIS) for the analysis of different water and environmental problems.
After course completion, one should able to:
- 1. To understand the fundamentals of GIS technologies
- 2. Gain a knowledge to carry out sequential data processing steps for solving water and environmental related problems.
- 3. To develop hand-on skills using software tools.
- 4. Gain knowledge about GIS model based technique for management water resources.
Areas of focus will be analysis of digital spatial data, preparation and presentation for numerical modelling, presentation of modelling results and support to the decision making process. Some of the highlights in the course are:
- 1. Introduction to geographic information systems,
- 2. Data structures,
- 3. rocessing of digital geographic information,
- 4. Creation of digital elevation models,
- 5. Mapping of water and environmental features,
- 6. Watersheds, streams and aquifers delineation,
- 7. Digitisation,
- 8. Visualisation,
- 9. Soil and land use mapping,
- 10. Terrain analysis for hydrological and hydraulic modelling,
- 11. Presentation of modelling results,
The training course is designed for professionals (engineers and scientists) involving in the water, environmental and hydrogeology sector. Pre-requisites are a basic knowledge of computing and water related topics. Course delivery will be in English. As per requirement, UIZ Berlin could be customized the course.