The course aim to develop Land resource management in order to mitigate associated problems. And to support decision-making in water.
- Delineate the surface water bodies, estimate meteorological variables like temperature and precipitation,
- Estimate hydrological state variables like soil moisture and land surface characteristics,
- To estimate fluxes such as evapotranspiration.
What is the course content?
- Introduction to water resources management.
- Principles of remote sensing
- Spatial data analysis tools
- Data acquisition by remote sensing
- Image classification and interpretation
- Spatial data visualization
- estimation of the hydro-meteorological state variables
- Determine of delineation of the surface waterbodies
- Quality assessment of spatial data
- Data interpretation and analysis for land resource inventory
The training course is designed for professionals (engineers and scientists) involving in the water, environmental and hydrogeology sector. Pre-requisites are a basic knowledge of computing and water related topics. Course delivery will be in English.