Remote Sensing of Land resources
The training course aim to develop Land resource management in order to mitigate associated problems. And to support decision-making in natural resources and landscape management.
- 1. On completion of this course, participants should be able to.
- 2. Principal concepts and techniques remote sensing (RS)
- 3. Land resources and associated problems.
- 4. Developing hands-on skills in using software tools.
- 5. How to design and carry out sequential data processing steps for solving typical application problems in Land resources management.
What is the course content?
- 1.Introduction to Land resources management.
- 2. Principles of remote sensing
- 3. Sensor Platform system,
- 4. Data acquisition by remote sensing
- 5. Image classification and interpretation
- 6. Spatial data visualization
- 7. Quality assessment of spatial data
- 8. Data interpretation and analysis for land resource inventory
The training course is designed for professionals (engineers and scientists) involving in the water, environmental and hydrogeology sector. Pre-requisites are a basic knowledge of computing and water related topics. Course delivery will be in English.