The course aim to develop Land resource management in order to mitigate associated problems. And to support decision-making in water.
- 1. Delineate the surface water bodies, estimate meteorological variables like temperature and precipitation,
- 2. Estimate hydrological state variables like soil moisture and land surface characteristics,
- 3. To estimate fluxes such as evapotranspiration.
What is the course content?
- 1. Introduction to water resources management.
- 2. Principles of remote sensing
- 3. Spatial data analysis tools
- 4. Data acquisition by remote sensing
- 5. Image classification and interpretation
- 6. Spatial data visualization
- 7. estimation of the hydro-meteorological state variables
- 8. Determine of delineation of the surface waterbodies
- 9. Quality assessment of spatial data
- 10. Data interpretation and analysis for land resource inventory
The training course is designed for professionals (engineers and scientists) involving in the water, environmental and hydrogeology sector. Pre-requisites are a basic knowledge of computing and water related topics. Course delivery will be in English.