This is a project-based internship where you will be given the responsibility of project milestones, completion, and influence on what the project may be. We don’t believe interns serve any individual developers needs but seen as a colleague to assist in the furthering of our mobile development tools for our clients. Our full-time developers are here to mentor and further develop your current strengths and weaknesses.
Be aware that we consider internships as “working interviews” should you be interested in furthering your career at UIZ.
- Designs, develops, implements, documents, and tests changes to an application subsystem. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software applications. Supports system and integration testing activities. Initiates design reviews for new applications and adheres to software development standards.
- Meets programming standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements; implementing new technology.
- Resolves and helps mitigate production application issues and assists less experienced application developers as needed. Works with other business and technology teams to support the resolution of end-user inquiries. Contributes to the documentation of production support processes. Anticipates long term support issues and plans for corrective actions. May perform root cause analysis to identify permanent resolutions to software or business process issues
- Shows appetite and aptitude for owning responsibility for technical decisions and direction for one or many projects.
- Demonstrates interest in improving the company’s technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Working alongside some of the most talented professionals in the IT industry!
- Python programming skills with good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience in the design and implementation of web-based application using Python frameworks, ideally Django
- Working knowledge of cloud environments such as AWS or GCP is desirable.
- Experience working with SQL database, either PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
** Required as soon as possible