WebGIS application for creating lithologs of boreholes, outcrops and geological profiles plus database
The UIZ, Berlin is developing a user-friendly webGIS application for storage and interactive visualisation of data of boreholes, outcrops and geological profiles online. The project starts with geological data of Nepal. Later it should be extended for worldwide geological data.
Objective of the assignment
The objectives of the assignment are as follows:
- Input geological data of boreholes or outcrops and creating a litholog for visualisation
- Storage geological, user and environmental data in a database
- Integrate litholog application on a webGIS application for interactive visualization and analytical work
- The user-friendly interface makes it simple to handle with the data input. The visualisation is realised by a standard litholog. The log could be saved as pdf, jpg file format or print.
- If desired, the borehole data could be also stored in the UIZ-database. With a login access the data could be loaded and visualised as litholog at any time again.
- The stored data would be integrated on a webMap and webGIS application for specific analytical work like reservoir exploration or creating geological maps of a certain area. With increasing of the UIZ-database and a higher density of geological data along with more precise interpolate GIS output could be achieved. Before putting it online, all the data would be checked by the UIZ Team. This improves the reliability of the database.
Advantages to be considered
- Web based analytical platform with interactive visualization
- No costs of maintenance a database
- Access to many other geological data
The outputs are expected to be: a WebGIS application for creating lithologs of boreholes, outcrops and profiles online. Database for storage and sharing data in the given server.